Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Updated version of the gh13 beam splitter rig

Here is a photo of the updated rig, with french flag and doors. One of the main trouble I had previously was light reflections in the mirror, giving flares in one of the camera but not the other. I (partially) solved the problem now:
Footage become easier to grade as the beam splitter mirror gave a slight tint when hit by too much light. the rig is still just about 4 or 5 kgs (9 lbs all in all, making it easy to use handheld). i still haven´t found a good way to synch the cameras, I do that in post. I shoot 720 50p to reduce the frame discrepency to a minimum.
Here is a side view of the rig with doors and french flags, with my lovely (bit messy tho!) garden behind. Hoping to post some more 3D footage very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sync solution works GREAT on the GH1s (or hacked GH13s)...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?221553-GH1-Stereoscopic-Rig-Collaboration/page2